Ginza Japanese Delicious Recipes
Japanese Pork with Mustard
– 5/8 lb pork fillet
– 1 1/3 tbs mustard
– 2 7/8 oz carrot
– 2 7/8 oz string beans
– 7 1/8 oz spinach
– 2 1/8 cup chicken stock
– Salt to taste
– Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
– 2 tbs salad oil
* Heat oil in pan. Saute pork on both sides until light brown.
* Cut carrot lengthwise into quarters, then into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Round off corners into “football” shape. Simmer in 7/8 cup of the chicken stock until soft; season with salt and pepper.
* Briefly boil string beans and spinach; cut into 1-inch pieces. Simmer in 1 1/4 cups chicken stock for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper.
* Arrange pork on serving plate, spread mustard and garnish with carrots and string beans and spinach.