– 1 1/2 lb Beef rib eye roast thinly sliced
– 3 1/4 tbs Sesame seeds
– 1/2 cup Miso, light
– 1/3 cup Sake
– 3/4 tsp MSG (optional)
– 1 1/2 tbs Sugar
– 1 1/2 tbs Soy sauce
– 1 1/2 tbs Peanut oil
* Grind seeds with a mortar and pestle or run through a food blender. Do not grind too fine.
* Add the miso to the sesame seeds and mix well. Add the soy sauce, sugar, optional MSG and sake.
* Spread one-half of the mixture on a platter and place the beef slices in the marinade. Brush the remaining marinade on top.
* Let stand for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the beef from the marinade, scrape off the excess marinade and reserve.
* Broil or pan fry with a little oil until just cooked – about 5 minutes. Heat the leftover marinade and serve with the beef. Generally this dish is eaten with boiled rice.